Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Unexpected Graces

I woke up this morning, realized I had slept for the longest time without waking up multiple times during the course of sleep in the past 8 days. I guess at this point you start appreciating most of the small things and you realize that the bigger things will come with time. I looked at my phone this morning and I had a linked contact suggestion from a person on facebook that I didn't recognize. The name sounded familiar but I couldn't pinpoint who they were. So I linked them anyways because apparently I had their gmail address as well. I then decided to pull the computer over to me to look this person up. I looked them up and yes I did recognize them once I read their facebook profile but then as I kept on reading I was amazed at this scripture I found on their page. I can tell you I have read a lot in Corinthians lately but I don't remember coming across these verses. But oh how I needed to hear them! If anything I about welled up with tears of joy, and not sorrow or pain. These verses are filled with so much hope, life, and healing. I am always astounded by the most intricate ways God gives us messages to help us along the way. Sometimes they are so simple and are right in front of our faces and then other times he strategically places them there for the future. Here is the scripture that touched my heart and soul this morning.

‎"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18


God also has blessed me with such loving friends and family. I know I keep saying this over and over again how grateful I am for the blessing they are in my life but it is so true. I received a text this morning from my old roomie from undergraduate, Lori. She has to come to Augusta today for a meeting and was wondering if I was free for lunch. I hate how it goes so long before I can see some of my friends. I know living 2500 miles away from them for 3 months can do that but even friends that live relatively near and that I don't get to see but every 6 months - 1 year. I just have to say God knows what He is doing, even if I don't understand it and I can't see it. I also keep on thinking of the scripture in Jeremiah of how God promises to do good to us and does not seek to destroy us.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11


I will place my trust in the Lord and He will see me through. Thank you Lord for the gift of my faith, for my friends, for my family, and for the gift of my mind and heart.  +AMDG+

1 comment:

  1. thats so awesome about the scripture on your new facebook friend's page. and i loved seeing you for lunch. i plan on seeing you again before 6 more months! love you girl.

    ReplyDelete