Sunday, August 14, 2011

Everyday I get a little bit stronger

As I was talking with several friends today including some extended family members, I've realized how much stronger I'm getting and how much easier it is to talk about things and not start to well up with tears. I have so many people who are praying for me and who support me that I can not feel anything but blessed even after all I have been through in the past few weeks. Every day I tell myself that God has something even more spectacular planned than what I had planned and that he has an incredible someone that will love me for who I am and I will always be enough for. I say it to myself everyday and I tell other people that as well and everyday I come to believe it a little more and to hope a little more in the plans the Lord has planned for me. I am so grateful for God's protecting arms around me, but if there is one thing I've learned is that you can't have love without suffering. I will also say that learning to love, mainly loving with the heart of Christ, is worth every suffering that I have encountered. I am a better person for it and I will continue to follow God's will for me ... to Love.


"Anyone who wishes to give love must also receive love as a gift. Certainly as the Lord tells us, one can become a source from which rivers of living water flow (cf. Jn 7:37-38). Yet to become such a source, one must constantly drink anew from the original source, which is Jesus Christ, from whose pierced heart flows the love of God (cf. Jn 19:34)." 
– Pope Benedict XVI, Deus Caritas Est





+AMDG+

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Bridge, I just want to let you know what an inspiration you are to me. I know you are going through a painful time, yet your faith and love for God are really speaking to my heart, and encouraging me in walk with Christ. I love you so much and I thank God for YOU!

    ReplyDelete