Thursday, January 26, 2012

Honored

I am in two of my lovely friend's weddings this coming April and I have been trying to help out in whatever ways I can. I was distraught to learn that one of my best friend's was having trouble with her wedding, mainly getting in touch with her maid of honor. This is not a rant or a rave on how people should act but it ends up that one of my bride's MOH ended up dropping out of her wedding simply by refusing to get in touch with her and causing her much undue stress. My friend told me earlier this week that she had a surprise for me, and when I was at work the other evening she said she left it in my mailbox. I got home and found a cute little notebook with a peacock on it, as most of my close friends know I have a slight obsession with peacocks. I figured she had just found something that "screamed me," and I brought it inside and didn't look really closely at it because I had my hands full of stuff. I came back to my bedroom and I opened it and I finally noticed she had written in there. It read...

Bridgette Bear,
You have always been there, the truest of any friend. You know just who I am and everywhere I've been. We've watched friends come and go in and out of our lives, Yet you are one of the few true who've stood rock steady by my side. No matter where life takes me, no matter where I roam, When we are together my heart feels right at home. Simply to say thank you just doesn't seem to share, the place in my heart that you hold and how much I care. So please let me honor you and be my maid of honor, my dearest friend, my treasure.
<3 Joy

I started welling up with tears, after a hard day and I came home to such a wonderful message and to feel so honored to be the MOH for my friend. I wish she didn't ever have to choose another MOH because of what happened but I am so very happy to be present for one of my very best friend's wedding. I was already in the wedding party to begin with but I was honored to now be her MOH. Joy is one of my absolute favorite people, she has a heart of pure Gold and not a mean bone in her body. I look up to her and hope I will be able to emulate her joyful spirit, I believe she was very appropriately named. :-)

Old picture of Joy and I ... Summer 2007

Joy and I- My undergrad graduation party (wow short hair flashback!)

Joy and I with our carved pumpkins- Fall 2008

Being silly and having a photo shoot- Fall 2008

Easter egg dying party - Spring 2009

Drinks at Fatz cafe - Spring 2009

Joy and I after I moved back to GA- Fall 2011

So thankful for this wonderful Christian woman in my life. Such a great friend and example. Love ya!

+AMDG+

1 comment:

  1. so sweet... i hate that her MOH acted that way, but so glad she has you to take over...

    you are such a great friend, bridge :)

    ReplyDelete