Thursday, January 19, 2012

Busy Busy!

Every time I write I have to chide myself because it has been forever and a day since I have written something. I have been feverishly trying to get things together for my hospital board credentialing deadline of Feb 1 and also making sure all things are in for my SC state license. Somehow I thought everything was in for both, but after making a call to the board this week I found out I am still missing one thing. Groans... 4 days later I am still not sure if I have done everything but it will all get done. Right?! 

I have been doing a lot of driving in the past few days, more than I'd like to to tell you the truth. I already had gone back and forth to Charleston, apartment/house hunting, three times in the past week. Thankfully these short days trips proved productive and I signed a lease for a great 1br apartment in Mount Pleasant, SC. It's near the beach and fairly close to work. I debated between a 2br and a 1br because I knew I would be having visitors but the $300+ difference in price won out in the end. I am trying to spend less money this year! It really is a gorgeous apartment and I can't wait to post some pictures once it is decorated. Of course I am so excited to finally have a place of my own and to add lots of my personal touches. I am trying to decide on a couch right now, which has been proving difficult because I want a sectional, but I need one that doesn't overwhelm the space. It is a very open concept floor plan I'd like to keep it feeling that way. I just hope that includes a sectional, I often have day dreams of me curled up on a fabulous sectional reading a book with a blanket. A girl can dream can't she?

In addition to driving back and forth to Charleston to look at places, I have been in Atlanta and Athens helping my sister and brother in law find a place. My dad had flown out on Monday of this week to help my sister and brother in law pack up their place and drive with my brother in law across the country to Georgia. My sister flew with the kids to Atlanta on Tuesday and was staying with her in laws and I arrived that night so we could leave early in the morning for Athens to go house hunting. All that I have to say is how excited I am that my sister is back living in Georgia and I will have my nephew and niece close by! They are so adorable and my niece, Maris,  who hasn't warmed up to anyone really, has a special place for her Aunt Bridgette. Most people say my sister and I favor each other but Maris hasn't quite figured it out. She is ok with me as long as mom isn't in the room and then when she sees mom she realizes I'm not mom and cries for her. As soon as I give her back to my sister she looks back at me and reaches her arms back out for me. It is the funniest thing in the world! Gosh kids are so cute. 

I also got to visit with my old roommate Lori, A crazy walk on the safe side. We used her house as a base for my sister and I to A. Use Internet B. Bathrooms C. My sister have privacy to use her breast pump. Lol She was excited not to have Maris for the day but she still is reminded she has a little one around. Lori played hostess of the mostest. She gave us a tour around Athens and even came and looked at a house with us, not to mention letting us take over her and Greg's place. I also got to stop by and visit my friend Erin and Drew and their new baby Blake Allen! I introduced Erin and Drew, was in their wedding early last year and now I get to see what their beautiful marriage has made. I only got a picture on my phone because I apparently left my camera in my bag at my sisters in law's house. I guess that is life, but thankfully Erin took one on her camera. 

My last week at my current work place is next week and then it is off to Charleston permanently! Can't wait to be starting my career, having my own place, and meeting lots of new people.

+AMDG+

No comments:

Post a Comment