Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rejoice, Rejoice and again I say Rejoice

The Lord has blessed me immensely and I can't sing enough praise! I found out this morning that I passed my national physician assistant certification boards, that means I am now Bridgette Pidel PA-C. I took my boards last Thursday and after quite the fiasco of the test center being moved and my GPS taking me in the wrong direction to the supposed new site I arrived and God allowed me to remain calm and collected. I arrived a few minutes late but the test center was quite forgiving and I was able to complete my exam with a clear mind.  I can't explain how awesome it feels to be done and to know that I am certified. It seems only yesterday that I was starting PA school and even that I was applying. I went up to the PA department today to ask a few questions and to hand in a few forms. I wasn't sure if they had everything they needed to submit information for a GA license since when they asked for forms before I was planning on residing in Nevada. I also have to say that I am pretty darn excited to have my Georgia license back and the next thing on the to do list is to get my car registered back with GA plates. Luckily for my Uncle Joe, who collects license plates, he gets to add one other state to his collection that he didn't have before. You really have to enjoy every small victory and not just keep waiting for the big ones.

Among other fun things going on in the life of Bridgette, I was honored to be asked to be a bridesmaid in my friend Dorita's wedding. Dorita was my first friend in undergraduate, we were both nursing majors at the time and had 4 out of 5 of our first semester freshman classes together. She is getting married April 21st and I am in my friend Joy and Max's wedding the weekend before. I am going to be in the running for 27 dresses in no time. This will make 4 weddings this year that I will have the honor of being a bridesmaid in. Any of my other friends out there who are thinking about getting married, wait til atleast next fall please?! It has been even more apparent to me lately how blessed I am. I know it is easy to say that when things are going well but through everything I've had to go through in the past month and all of the hurdles I've had to jump, family and friends have been there every step of the way. I am eternally grateful for the gift that you guys are in my life. I know God has had his hand behind me every step of the way and He has given me those people to help me see it through. God knows what He is doing, even when you have doubts. He has taught me to trust in Him in all situations and to lean not on my own understanding but to trust in God's plan for me. It is a very humbling but gratifying experience to lean solely on God but we will only be truly happy when we are doing His will, not our own.

I am headed out to French Market Grill, a local favorite in Augusta, to celebrate my passing boards with my parents. I very vividly remember going out to celebrate with them when I found out I got into PA school and now it is ending one chapter of my life and entering into a new one. So many exciting things lie ahead! I have a job interview tomorrow for a hematology/oncology position here in Augusta, I pray that God will show me where he wants me and that I will be open to whatever He wants. I am his servant and I hope to serve others through my work as a PA. To whom much is given, much is expected and I hope to always use the talents Christ has given me to bring glory and praise to His name.  "Whatever you do to the least of these, you do for me."

+AMDG+

No comments:

Post a Comment