Thursday, September 22, 2011

Patience

Well if God is trying to teach me one thing, it's patience. Although trusting in His will for me is a close 2nd but having patience in His timing has been even more difficult. I mean seriously would God lead us down the wrong path or put us in a harmful situation? no... but as we seek His will he does give us the free will to choose otherwise. Time and time again I have been provided for and blessed continuously, but why is it so hard to accept God's timing right now?!
I graduated PA school in August and with all of me moving back to Georgia and such my diploma is lost in the mail and so is my new GA license. This is another frustrating piece of life to deal with at the moment, because apparently 1.5 months is too short of a time for them to get my mail forwarded here. Plus I changed my address that long ago and things still are not getting to me. I feel like part of my life is still out there and I have to deal with it, and I am really just tired of living two lives. I just found out today I did not get the job I had really wanted and the one alternate job lead I had turned out to be a dead end for now because they will not know for atleast another month if they are going to have the finances to hire a PA. I have begun to search further outside the Augusta area out of desperation almost. I have been considering: Savannah, Charleston, D.C. and NYC although I have yet to hear back from any of those places. I really am struggling and trying to grasp what seems to be thin air; not know as to where God wants me to be. I do truly desire God's will for me and I know my heart will not rest until it rests in Him.
On a side note I've started to unpack my life of boxes, since moving back and having plenty of boxes of my belongings shipped back to GA, I have had little desire to unpack anything. Maybe somewhat hoping I'd have a job and I'd move out and it would be a pain to pack everything back up again but now I'm resigned to the fact that I'll be living with my parents for the next few months and since fall is coming, my cool weather wardrobe must be accessible. I'm also realizing I have too many clothes and I really need to go through them and commit to giving stuff away I just don't wear. I keep things bc they are nice and I wear them every once in awhile but besides special occasion dresses and winter wear, things that aren't worn in 6 months time shouldn't be in your closet. We had such a tease of fall weather last week and this week has been hot, then muggy, then hot and muggy and now rainy and muggy. Not my favorite type of weather to say the least. I am ready for boot wearing, boiled peanut eating, leaf falling, football watching, hot apple cider sippin' kind of fall weather! Another thing I guess I'll have to work on my patience for.

PS. Good quote I found recently... ok two.



It is within my power either to serve God or not to serve Him. Serving Him, I add to my own good and the good of the whole world. Not serving Him, I forfeit my own good and deprive the world of that good, which was in my power to create.
- Leo Tolstoy

AND...

Do everything calmly and peacefully. Do as much as you can as well as you can. Strive to see God in all things without exception, and consent to His will joyously. Do everything for God, uniting yourself to him in word and deed. Walk very simply with the Cross of the Lord and be at peace with yourself.
- St. Francis de Sales




+AMDG+

No comments:

Post a Comment