Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's the little things

I just realized I haven't written in over a week; I have been busy and yet not busy. Hard to describe where I am at, but it involves a lot of waiting! I volunteered to help out with a Youth 2000 retreat 2 weekends ago and since then things have been going non stop. I accepted my first job last friday, it is just a PRN position but it will tide me over until I find a full time position. God has really blessed me because I wasn't too keen on interviewing for the position in the first place because it is for a Medical Weight Loss clinic but the Lord urged me to give the manager a call back and to set up an interview. I wanted a job working in a hospital or even a place that would be practicing more medicine than this job offered but I explained my situation to the manager and he understood completely how I felt but also said hey, here is your opportunity to get your foot in the door... get your license, get some experience, and get some connections. What did I have to lose? The staff has been more than helpful to me and surprisingly has guided me through the licensing process. I am glad some people know how this is supposed to go because the GA composite medical board hasn't been very helpful, besides telling me that all of the information is available online. I have signed all of my papers and they are sending in my stuff to get my PA license. SO EXCITED! So as soon as I have my temporary license I can start working!

I am still searching for a full time job in the area, but this doesn't put so much pressure on my search and allows me to pay some bills in the mean time. I am hosting my cousin/bestfriend's bridal shower this weekend at my house (aka the parents) and will have close to 50 ladies there! So I am going to have my hands full for the rest of the week getting things ready for that. I also have been busy with wedding plans for several of my brides, I will be in 3 weddings over the next 6 months. I am visiting my brother and sister in law in NYC Oct 19-24th. I am super excited as well because a friend of mine that lives in Israel will be the U.S. and in NYC during that time frame so I get to visit with her as well as my brother and sister in law! A little time away after studying for boards and all of this job hunting should do me some good.

There are so many things coming up that I'm looking forward to but I guess I will blog about them as they come along because you people could be reading for a very long time. I just know that I've really come to appreciate the little blessings I've received recently, sorry God for me being so prideful and no grateful for what I have. It is the little things that really have been keeping me going, little bits of light shed on my life allowing me to have hope and to stay positive about all the things God is doing in my life. Thank you Lord for the littlest things to the greatest, I don't deserve them but I am so glad you give them to me. Help me to have more grace to forgive, to heal and to love.
+AMDG+

No comments:

Post a Comment