Monday, December 5, 2011

More Waiting

As if Advent season wasn't already a time of preparation and waiting for the birth of Jesus Christ, which I am constantly reminded that most people have forgotten, I am awaiting news about a job that I interviewed for last week. I went and interviewed at MUSC in Charleston, SC for a Physician Assistant position in Kidney Transplant. This would be a non surgical position, dealing mostly with preoperative evaluation and post operative care of kidney transplant recipients. I really enjoyed my interview there, I could tell that the Nephrology department there was a well oiled machine and I was happy to see good working relationships. Obviously as this is said, no department is ever perfect but I think I got a good impression from everyone I interviewed with. I had a long interview, from 10am-3pm. I did choose to go on rounds with one of the physicians, not just because it would show them that I am very interested in the position but because I did want to see potentially what the job would entail. From what I was told I had very positive reviews from everyone that I interviewed with and I hope there will be an offer soon! I miss being in medicine, my current PRN position only allows me to treat "weight loss" so I feel like I am missing out on the diagnostic factor of being a PA. I am constantly reminded at how intrigued I am by medicine and that when I don't know something I am eager to find out the answer or as to what a certain condition is. Being in medicine you never stop learning; there is always some new medicine, treatment, or disease out there, maybe that's why I like it so much.

So right now I am trying to focus on several different things: a potential job, preparing for Christmas, STARTING Christmas shopping, and my cousin's wedding this weekend! I am so excited for Clare and Ben. I have plenty of things going on this week and thankfully I am not working. I am able to help my cousin and aunt with random tasks to make sure there is less stress on everyone. No one wants a stressed bride or mother of the bride. As I am typing this a funny green bug just pelted across my room and flew into my dresser. I was wondering what was making that buzzing noise earlier today, I figured there was a bug in the window but after lifting up the blinds I couldn't locate the darn thing. It's dead now, so no more buzzing. I am also excited to have my brother Fr. Aaron coming into town on Friday. He will be doing the wedding vows for my cousin's wedding. I was hoping I'd be the first family member for him to do marriage vows for but I will gladly step down for my cousin. After all it makes it even more special that one day he'll get to celebrate the wedding mass for me and the man I am going to get married to. Fun stuff to think about for the future.

During this period of waiting I hope to have patience and joy just as we all should for the advent season, awaiting the birth of Christ our Savior. Me being a woman I want to plan and plan and plan some more. I really want to know if I will be moving to Charleston for a job there and start all the preparations to do so. Instead Christ is asking me to grow in patience and to enjoy the waiting time I am in now for the preparation of the Joy he has set for me... in the gift of himself by becoming human and by having me waiting for the revelation of his plan for me as a Physician Assistant. Here's to patience and joy!

+AMDG+

No comments:

Post a Comment