Saturday, December 24, 2011

All is calm, all is bright

Merry Christmas Eve! Looking outside today, it looks like any other day but somehow all is calm and quiet. I won't quite say it's the calm before the storm because Christmas should by no means be called a storm but it is the stillness before such a truly extraordinary event. I look forward every year to be going to midnight mass, there is nothing quite like it. Every year when I go to Midnight Mass, especially at my home parish of Most Holy Trinity, I am reaffirmed in my love of Christ and in being a Catholic Christian. There is this wonder and awe that is rekindled in the hearts of everyone, reminding us of how God became flesh so that we may believe. I can say there are many traditions that we as Catholics cherish but it is the most simple and yet extraordinary celebration of the mass that binds us together so closely.

I am somewhat saddened not to have my siblings in town for the holidays, but we all see to be very busy this year. Come to think if it, three of the four of us are moving! My sister and brother in law move Dec 30 to a larger apartment in NYC just 2 blocks away from their place now, and my sister and brother in law will be making a very long journey and moving from Salt Lake City, UT back to Georgia in January. I am set to move beginning of February! I will be starting my job at MUSC in Charleston February 20, God willing. I have so much to be thankful for and God has totally answered my prayers and in a much better way than I could have imagined. Merry Christmas to everyone and remember to cherish your family and friends. Christ will become present tonight in a very real way; let us always allow Christ to be present in a very real way in our live throughout the year and for years to come.

+AMDG+

No comments:

Post a Comment