Sunday, October 16, 2011

Great Green Gobs

I've been out of commission for the past few days due to Bronchitis. It had been coming on slowly for 3 days or so but started out with a horrendous sore throat, even though I had my tonsils out when I was 8 I thought or a moment that I finally was getting pay back for 17 strep free years. Thankfully this ended up not being the case. Being a medical professional I was staring into the back of my throat constantly looking for signs of strep, and at first it looked quite streppish. For you non medical people, there is usually white stuff or spots on the back on your mouth or on your tonsils. I won't get into any more detail. I started losing my voice tuesday and I have the first semblance of a voice today. There was a lot of rasping and deep voiced talking for the past days and numerous cracks mid sentence. I stayed in bed from wednesday til saturday, and saturday I got brave... more likely cabin fever, and went to run a few errands around town.

I ended up getting my PA diploma framed at Michaels and then I went to Lowes to get some paint. Why would this girl get paint when she's sick you may ask? I guess for me nothing makes me feel better than turning something ugly into something beautiful. I have been working on repurposing my grandmothers old dresser and I had it totally sanded down but since it was raining earlier last week I couldn't paint it and then I fell ill, so now as the perfect day to get things done. Plus dad was home and I could enlist his help for using the Wagner power sprayer for this project! Pictures to come, I have to add another coat of paint to the top of the dresser (since it will get the most wear and tear) and then give the dresser a clear coat of polyurethane for some extra durability and a shine. ;) I am also going to do a super sweet lace detail on the drawer fronts and I found some really awesome cabinet knobs online that I am waiting to come in so I can finish giving the dresser a makeover. I love being crafty. Ideas for this dresser were inspired by this lady on Pinterest.

So during all of this my dad is trying to paint all of the sliding leuvre doors to the closets as well. So we were both covered in paint by the evening. Dad finished up painting the doors today, its hard to paint in all the slats with a paint brush so my dad is getting a lot of use out of this past year's Christmas present. I was originally supposed to go to Alabama this weekend to visit two girl friends that I had met out in Reno/Tahoe. They have relocated to the South for the time being and were throwing a birthday/house warming party. Well I am very sorry I missed it but I was in no condition to go. Sometimes it sucks to do what is best for you, I will have to remember that when I am treating patients because I'll be telling them they have to do what is best for them in the long run.

I also learned how to use my mom's sewing machine last night... my mother and I completed a pillow but we sewed half of it by hand. I saw a cute idea on Pinterest for making a pillow from old cable knit sweaters. I had a sweater that I just didnt' wear anymore and if this lets you know how long I've had it, I wore it for my HS Senior portraits. Do the math. Since I am a petite person the size of clothing I have doesn't yield hardly enough material to make a pillow but I made it work. I'll post a picture when I've fully finished it. I know I'm promising so many pictures, guess my next few blogs will have lots of pictures instead of words. Anyways I leave for NYC in 2 days so there is lots to do before I leave. I guess there will be pictures to come for that entry as well upon my return. Buona notte!

+AMDG+

No comments:

Post a Comment