Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Shower time!

Well life has been going a mile a minute lately but hey, that's what I live for. I had the great honor of hosting my cousin, Clare's, first bridal shower this past weekend. Clare and I have been friends from the very start, we used to live on the same street as each other before we both were 2. Then our friendship continued as we started the same school together and we went kindergarten through 12th grade together and graduated from the same school. We went to different colleges where we met new friends, but no matter how much time elapsed it was always as if not a day had gone by. I am very honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding on December 10, 2011. Clare is marrying a wonderful gentleman named Ben, for many of you who know me... Ben is not a name I want to have repeated often, but I love who they are individually and who they have become together. I admire their faith and trust in God's plan for them and how both Clare and Ben were open to the many changes God had in store for them.
Here is a lovely picture of Clare and Ben after he was received into the Catholic Church!

And after all the growing up together and now Clare is getting married! I knew this day would come but I didn't realize how much of a profound impact it would have on me. I am so excited for her and I'm probably going to cry my eyes out when I see her walk down the aisle. So anyways back to the shower I threw Clare. Well since I haven't started my job yet I have had ample amount of time to do some projects and to coordinate a shower, not that I haven't been busy but I have spare time. As many of you know I am somewhat of a Martha Stewart but I really have been more of a Paula Deen lately. I LOVE to cook and to feed other people. So I was excited to get to plan the menu for the shower, although it was a bit challenging because although it was a family shower, family along comprised over 50 people. I won't say thankfully that some family members couldn't make it but I was worried about how much seating we were going to have. We had about 40 people show up and the weather couldn't have been more beautiful! I wish I had gotten pictures of the back deck while it was decorated but I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off as it was. 
Here is a picture of the spread: top left: Red velvet cheesecake brownies, Carrot Cake, Sausage cheddar balls hiding next to the cake, then a basket of croissant rolls for putting chicken salad in. bottom left: veggie tray with chipotle ranch dressing, pickles, antipasta salad, fruit salad, and then chicken salad hiding in the corner.

The game I chose to play with the guests was called "Mustaches and Tiaras"... found this game off Pinterest (as soon as I find out how to tag Pinterest I'll do so!) Basically I asked each the bride and groom a set of the same questions, and they weren't about each other. So how the games works is that I read a question I asked the couple aloud and then I read one of their responses, then I had teams of two people who had to either hold up a mustache to their face to indicate it was a response that the groom had given or put the tiara up to their head to indicate the bride had said it. It was really funny to see all of these ladies with mustaches on. Since I was proctoring the game I didn't have time to take pictures but I know some of Clare's future in law's were snapping away. I did snag a picture or two after the game with my cousin.

 and now for a not so silly one

Clare had a mountain of gifts, and she will be even more excited once her and Ben find a place to live so she knows how much space she'll have and what colors she wants to decorate with. All in all I couldn't have had a better shower and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful friend and she truly is a pearl beyond price. Ben you are a very very blessed man, and I know she feels she the same way about you. Love ya'll!

+AMDG+

No comments:

Post a Comment