Sunday, July 17, 2011

Morning Inspiration

So I haven't done the blogging thing in a long time but my wonderful boyfriend made the suggestion that I get back into it. Of course I always have the excuse that I don't have the time to write anything. Now that school is finally coming to a close this month and I am dreading studying for my PANCE exam for PA certification, starting a blog seemed like a brilliant idea.

I guess the inspiration really goes back to yesterday but the effects were today. I went to confession yesterday to a very amiable priest here in Incline Village, the most personable priest you will ever know, although not always the most traditional. In confession, obviously you confess your sins, and after I was done he looked at me and told me how precious I was in God's eyes and how special I was to God. I've been told this time and time again, but sometimes its harder to take that message to heart. I sat there and thought about it for a moment and I suddenly comprehended it all (or atleast what our human comprehension allows). I was this amazing daughter of Christ and God was pleased with me and He was longing to show His mercy and give me Grace to live out my life for Him. Pretty overwhelming huh? Well I left confession feeling pretty rejuvenated and at peace with some things I had been struggling with.

Fast forward to this morning, I was in my apartment getting ready for mass and I had my Ipod docked in the living room and turned on shuffle through various Christian artists, something I like to do to reflect before mass, and I heard Matt Maher's - "Set Me as a Seal" come on. Every since I first heard that song I somehow related to what was being said. The song actually comes from scripture- Song of Solomon. It takes various verses from the Song of Solomon and makes a very powerful song. I was reminded of just how much God loves me individually when I heard the lines

"How beautiful you are, my darling
Show me your face, let me hear your voice
Sweet as the dew in the early morn'
Like a lily among the thorns"

God longs to hear my voice, to see the beauty He has created and to see me fulfilled in the life He has given me. I decided to read the whole book of Song of Solomon this morning and it was one of those moments that God had intended just for me. I know it is hard sometimes to live each day without feeling those moments, but those little moments allow me to realize God's existence in my life everyday. Some days we fall short and fail to seek God but whether or not we seek Him, He is always there. With this I find an insurmountable joy and hope for this life and for the one we all strive for to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment