Monday, June 11, 2012

Creamy Chicken Bake

I thought since I went grocery shopping last week, it would be prudent to use up several of the perishable items before they go bad. I am really horrible about that. I have no idea what nights I'll be home and what nights I'll be out, it all depends on my mood half the time. Whether I feel like I want to go eat out with friends after work or if I'm not all that hungry after work because I had a big lunch. Anyways I decided to have a friend over for dinner and I decided to make what I consider comfort food. Some creamy, something with wine, and anything with pasta. I first made this recipe for my sister in law Madeleine a few years back when her Aunt was our dinner guest but for some reason had just been sitting in my inbox since then. I added a thing or two here and there but the recipe is very simple and turns out perfectly.

Yield: 6-8 ( if using regular sized breasts)
Main Ingredient: Chicken
Cuisine: American

Tags: Main dishes, Poultry, Cheese, Parmes, Chicken, Cream, Butter, Garlic, Parmesan, Wine, White wine, Dinner, Spring, Comforting

Ingredients:
4 whole Chicken Breasts ( i  used 4 thin sliced chicken breasts)
4 slices Swiss Cheese (I used the pre sliced kind and broke them in half)
1 10-oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4 c Dry white wine
1 c Herb seasoned stuffing mix (or crumbled ritz crackers ect similar)
1/4 c Butter; melted
Garlic powder; (opt.)
2 tb Parmesan cheese; (opt.)

Instructions:
Arrange split (if using whole chicken breasts), skinned and boned chicken breasts in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Top with cheese slices. Combine soup and wine; stir well. Spoon sauce evenly over chicken and sprinkle with crushed stuffing mix.
Drizzle butter over stuffing. If desired, sprinkle with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes. I baked for 40 minutes for 4 thin sliced breasts and it turned out perfect.

I then decided to make some risotto to put the chicken over and let me tell you, risotto has a special place in my heart after traveling to Italy. Seems like anything you put over in with it, will soak up that flavor. I like how risotto isn't sticky and its not very grainy like rice. Maybe I'm just not a master at cooking rice but risotto is easy and simple and tastes good with just about everything. 

I topped off the meal with some baked asparagus, nothing special. Just salt, pepper, and a little bit of lemon juice for tenderness. Baked on 350 for ~ 15-20 min. I wasn't keeping very good track of the timer, I just put them in when the chicken was atleast halfway done. 

Sorry, no gourmet picture. I'm not good at taking pictures with my nice camera while I cook but I used my cell so pardon the poor quality. ENJOY!


+AMDG+


1 comment: